The town was built around a waterfall on the Muskoka River in the centre of town, and is known for its other nearby waterfalls (Wilson's Falls, High Falls, etc.). It was first incorporated in 1875 and named after a book, Bracebridge Hall by Washington Irving, that the postmaster in charge of naming towns was reading at the time.
The town is the seat of the district government, a centre of tourism for the Muskoka area, and home to several historical sites, such as the Clock Tower, Woodchester Villa, and the Silver Bridge.
- Irvin "Ace" Bailey - Hockey Hall of Famer
- Patrick Boyer (born 1945) - politician - born in Bracebridge
- Rene Caisse - inventor of Essiac
- William Joseph James "Doc" Carson - former NHL player, 1929 Stanley Cup
- Mary Harron - director of American Psycho
Bracebridge is home of the Muskoka Brewery.
Search Bracebridge Real Estate Listings
|All Listings||Under $100,000||$100,000 - $200,000|
|$200,000 - $300,000||$300,000 - $400,000||$400,000 - $500,000|
|$500,000 - $600,000||$600,000 - $700,000||$700,000 - $800,000|
|$800,000 - $900,000||$900,000 - $1,000,000||Over $1,000,000|