Huntsville is a tourist destination drawing people from around the world. The Toronto Star ranked Huntsville as the #1 place to take a summer trip in 2011
The area was first settled and founded in 1869 by George Hunt, who built a small agricultural centre there. In 1870, a post office was built and the area was named Huntsville after Hunt, who became the first postmaster. Huntsville become officially incorporated in 1886.
* Dara Howell - freestyle skier, Olympic gold medalist.
* Hawksley Workman - musician and songwriter.
* George Selkirk - major league baseball player, was born here in 1908. Selkirk succeeded the legendary Babe Ruth as the right fielder for the New York Yankees.
* Sidney D. Kirkpatrick - award-winning documentary filmmaker and a bestselling historical author.
* Jack Bionda - professional hockey and lacrosse athlete.
* James Carroll - actor (Wind at My Back) and community radio personality (Hunters Bay Radio)
* Ethan Moreau - a former NHL hockey player and current scout for the Montreal Canadiens.
* Les Stroud - survival expert and host of the television program Survivorman.
* Doug and Sharon Monett - Muskoka Realtors
In June 2010, Deerhurst Resort in Huntsville was host to the 36th G8 summit.
Search Huntsville Real Estate Listings
|All Listings||Under $100,000||$100,000 - $200,000|
|$200,000 - $300,000||$300,000 - $400,000||$400,000 - $500,000|
|$500,000 - $600,000||$600,000 - $700,000||$700,000 - $800,000|
|$800,000 - $900,000||$900,000 - $1,000,000||Over $1,000,000|